Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick-or-Treating at the nursing home


This morning I took the girls trick-or-treating at the nursing home with our MOPS group. I wanted Jadyn to experience being around older people. She was very polite and friendly to all the residents. I was trying to explain to her how they enjoyed our visit because they get lonely. I think she understood. I hope to take her back soon. She brings so much joy to our lives. I know the residents love to see children and she could bring them some joy as well.


This is her little friend Brynn in the picture with the girls. Jadyn loves Brynn and was trying to hold her hand while they were trick-or-treating!

Jadyn didn't even try to eat any more candy (I let her have 2 tootsie rolls while we were there) on the way home. If she would only always remain this obedient...even when she is a teenager!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Maya is kind of bored with Trick or Treating this year. You might just as well have dressed her as a banana!

Lindsey said...

Haha...well, she does like to snooze. Maybe she will be awake for the actual event tomorrow since it will be cold outside! The nursing home was like a furnace...I was sleepy too. Why do they keep them so warm?