Here are the kids dressed up for church:
Aunt Megan and Aunt Sarah came to visit for a few days. Unfortunately, I was having too much fun with them to take any pictures!
We enjoyed spending Christmas Eve with our friends again this year. We had a great dinner (ham, potatoes, salad, rolls, pineapple, rice pudding). Then, the children each got to open a gift. I think Jadyn has caught onto the idea that it will be pajamas every year! Then, we decorated sugar cookies for Santa. Hmm, someone must know that Santa's favorite cookies are sugar cookies! Next, we had a little talent show and then followed it by dressing up and reading Luke 2.
Decorating cookies:
Jadyn opening her pjs:
Maya couldn't wait to tear into her present:
Everyone with their new pajamas:
Acting out the nativity story. I love Maya's expression:
I was expecting the girls to wake up no later than 6 on Christmas morning. Much to my surprise, they did not wake up until 6:50. When I told Jadyn she had to wait 10 minutes to go downstairs, she said, "I don't know if I can wait. I am just so excited". Christmas is so fun with kids!
Jadyn helping Maya with the gift she gave her. I let the girls each pick out a gift for each other at Hallmark since I had two $5 off coupons there. They each chose stuffed animals for each other and I only had to spend $.60 total. It was so cute to see them give each other a gift.
Jadyn made several handmade gifts at preschool this year. She gave Maya this gingerbread magnet she made. She gave me a handprinted wall hanging. I must admit that I got teary-eyed when I opened it. I am such a sappy mom!
Here are the girls with their haul:
Santa got the kids the FurReal Frenzies Scurry City. It is cute to see them play with it and watch Bennett's amused expression.
Jadyn got: a scooter from Mom & Dad. Grandma Julie got her: Hello Kitty walkie talkies, Hello Kitty Puzzle, PlayDoh Ice Cream Swirl Shoppe, Tangled Barbie Doll, shirt, and a Princess matching game to share with Maya
Maya got: My Little Pony remote control plane from Mom & Dad. Grandma Julie got her: Animal Barn, Cinderella Polly Pocket Set, and a shirt
Bennett got: a move and crawl ball from Mom & Dad. Grandma Julie got him: 2 new pajamas, My Pal Scout dog, and a firetruck toy.
Bennett finally woke up after breakfast and the girls were more than happy to "help" him open his stocking and presents:
For breakfast we had a birthday coffee cake, sausage/egg casserole, fruit, and juice.
Here are the girls ready to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus:
After breakfast we played/assembled all the toys. It is fun to be a kid again and have an excuse to just play with toys all day!
For lunch, we had our traditional make-your-own pizzas. We had Nathan's former co-worker, Ben, join us for lunch.
After lunch, Maya and I headed for a nap. Merry Christmas to me!
Here is the crew that stayed awake to watch Toy Story 3. (well, I guess Bennett only lasted about 5 minutes before taking a nap in Daddy's arms:
We finished the day with some more playing and watching another movie together as a family. It was a fun day!
4 comments:
Cute jammies, as usual. I'm glad you had a great Christmas and got to spend some time with Nathan! I'm still laughing about him making reindeer tracks in the snow. Wish we had thought of that since we had a white Christmas.
Looks like you had a lot of fun together.
Wow, what a great Christmas! You packed a lot of fun in. What a sweet tradition to re-enact the Christmas nativity. Excellent costumes!
So sorry to hear about the ER trip - Maya is a tough cookie. We were at the hospital too that day, for different reasons. : ) Glad to hear the she was okay, and dodged a few sutures.
Hope you are enjoying your Christmas holiday!
Brit
What did you get the kids and yourselves with Grandma and Papa Parker's money? It would be nice for them to be recognized also.
Post a Comment