On Friday, December 17th, I was nursing Bennett to sleep while Nathan was putting the girls to bed. I hear a bang and Maya crying. Nathan rushes in and says, "This is really bad" I said what is and told him to turn on the light so I could see. I guess she was running and fell onto the little rocking chair in their room. I freaked out as Maya had a huge goose egg protruding out of the side of her eye. It looked awful and scared the daylights out of me. I tried to calm down so she would not freak out and we decided to take her to the ER to make sure she didn't need stitches. She had a gash from the corner of her eye extending out an inch or so.
Maya just kept telling me "Ouchie hurts Mama" on the way to the hospital. I was trying to keep it together for her sake, but it is so hard for me to watch my kids in pain. Maya threw a fit when we checked into the hospital because she thought the thermometer was a shot and kept saying, "No shot, No shot, No shot". I think she remembers the flu shot :( The ER doctor said he could put 2 stitches in, but it would be very traumatic and wouldn't necessarily heal any better. So, we left with a bandaid (not even a princess one much to Maya's disappointment)....and $100 bill to come soon :( She fell asleep on the way home at 9 pm.
Here is a picture of her the next day. She was a trooper.
3 comments:
Poor Maya! Luckily kids are resilient, huh?
OUCH! That looks painful! Don't you love ER visits for a bandaid? I hope she's feeling better and it heals well.
OUCH!!! So sad!
Post a Comment