Monday, October 5, 2009

From the Mouth of Babes

Nathan gave this to me as part of my birthday gift. I enjoyed it so much!


From the Mouth of Babes

I asked the girls to answer a variety of questions about you and your upcoming birthday. The following were the girls’ responses [as close as possible]:

1. What is your favorite thing about your mother?

Jadyn: “I love my Mother’s :) rainbow smiles….her smiles make me happy just like rainbows…and candy! Can I get a piece of candy from the Bishop next time you do tithing?”

Maya: “Mama..mu-mu-mu!”

2. What things does your mom do for you that make you happy?

Jadyn: “She lets me have special time with her. We color, we play baby dolls, we watch that Girls show…remember Daddy? Yes dear, it is called Gilmore Girls…yeah, Gilmore Girls, we go to the dollar store, we eat ice cream. It’s fun!”

Maya: “Oh!” [she points to the trees outside]

3. Why is Mommy your favorite person in the whole world?

Jadyn: “Mommy gives me hugs and kisses. I like her hugs. She is my goodest friend in the whole world. Daddy, do you how big that is? This big..!” [she stretches her arms as far apart as possible while prancing and laughing]

Maya: Big cheesy grin [Translation: My mommy makes me happy!]

4. Do you think that there are any Mothers that do as much for their families as Mommy does for our family?

Jadyn: “No, Mommy does everything! Mommy makes me vegetables and fruits. Momma takes care of Maya and gives the girls baths…Momma makes wonderful [yes, wonderful] meals…Daddy, we should tell her that when she gets home!”

Maya: Distracted by the toy phone, as she holds it behind her head to answer calls:)

5. What do you think is Mommy’s greatest attribute?

Jadyn: “What is at-brute, Daddy? [I explained the meaning as something that makes Mommy really special]. Oh, Mommy is special because she talks to Jesus. [I asked her to tell me more]. You know, Daddy. Mommy talks to Jesus and helps Jadyn and Maya and Daddy to be happy.”

Maya: Cuddling Daddy

6. What do you think we should do for Momma’s birthday?

Jadyn: “I think we should get her flowers…I told her not to tell anyone because it is a secret [scrap that possibility]. The red flowers are so pretty…do you think my Mother will let me keep one this time. She threw all of them away…Soooo…. [as she shrugs her shoulders]:) I like balloons…let’s get her LOTS of balloons” [as she spins wildly around in a circle, arms extended, laughing]

Maya: “Nnnnngh!” [Irritated sound when she wants to be picked up]

7. Daddy wants to buy a plane ticket for Mommy and for Jadyn so you can fly to Utah for Taylor’s baptism. Do you think Momma would like this present?

Jadyn: “Nooooo……it’s not Jadyn’s birthday silly! It’s Momma’s birthday! [shrugs her shoulders] My birthday is in December. I already told you what we should get her!”

Maya: Undecipherable [too busy chewing on play-kitchen french fries]

8. Do you think we should make Mommy a cake for her birthday?

Jadyn: “No….cake is bad for our bodies….it’s not nutritious [her exact words]. Mommy likes ice cream.”

Maya: “J-j-j-j-j-j”

9. Do you want to be more like your mommy or daddy when you grow up?

Jadyn: “I want to be like Mommy. Mommy is my friend. But, I like you too, Daddy. Mommy is just wonderful!”

Maya: “J-j-j-j-j-j”


I prepared additional questions but the girls’ attention span was waning. I do want you to know that every time Jadyn talks about you, she literally beams with excitement and happiness. She loves you SO MUCH! I have never seen two happier girls in my entire life. I know it’s because of your love, kindness, compassion, friendship, example, and selfless service to us on a daily basis.

7 comments:

CK Black Family said...

So cute! I'm sure you'll cherish that little exchange for forever. Happy Birthday to a great lady (and wonderful mom from the sounds of it - never doubted)!

Tiffany said...

Oh, I love it! I am going to recommend this to all my male friends/family that have kids!

Britany Peterson said...

4 Stars and 2 Big Thumbs up for Nathan! What a unique and special idea! I know I would treasure my child's words forever. Hope you had a great birthday!
Brit

Sara said...

Well, I've just never read anything more sweet than that. It's true, Lindsey! You are a great mom!

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh, that was the sweetest thing ever! When was your birthday! I feel horrible that I missed it! You are an amazing mom! Cade and Colt are loving the playdates! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Linze-I can just see Jadyn's huge smile and hear her giggle as she is saying those words. Nathan-good job! I can't wait to see you and the girls so soon! I feel spoiled!-but I'll take it!

The Kelly Variety said...

That was cute - I don't even want to imagine the questions Mike would ask!