Maya had her 2 1/2 year portraits taken today at JcPenney. I bribed her before we even went saying she could have candy when we got home if she cooperated. Amazing how I never even had to think about bribes with Jadyn. They have such different personalities.
It started off well with Maya being pleased with herself for following the photographers instructions to stand on the red dot, hold her hands together, and smile. Well, that lasted one picture. Then, Maya did not want to cooperate. I had to keep reminding her about the candy bribe waiting at home.
She was funny too. She kept trying to smile with her mouth open wide. She was also trying to lean into the camera. It was funny because she was trying to follow the photographers instructions, but she was not quite getting it.
I was so tempted to order slide #9 because that shows Maya's personality to a T....but I went with the traditional wall portrait and ordered #6.
https://viewimages.jcpportraits.com/sharealbum/sharealbumlist?rndId=BghSVFZDD1haCldQBlRRAk9YDw1ZUQQBUlIIRlwICFY4AAMJBwJBWlhcXw==&uId=BQMCBgJH
6 comments:
She is adorable!
You should've gotten number 2.
Quite a few show her personality. I like 26!!
Can't wait to get one! We got Jadyn's and the cute Valentine's yesterday. Thanks! Send one of Bennett too please. He still does not have a presence on our fridge. :)
Pretty girl! I liked them all. Thanks for the valentines and Jadyn's pic. I can't believe how old she's gotten. I'm missing everything.
Claire
Beautiful girl, I love her smile! I am impressed that your girls do such a great job with their pictures. I have only had bad experiences with my son and posed portraiture. He is more of a candid camera kind of guy. I have to snap them on his time.
And I have been told (to sooth my own conscious) that to offer a reward BEFORE the undesirable behavior is an "incentive," whereas trying to stop the bad behavior in action with a reward is a "bribe." So being the smart mommy that you are, you gave her the incentive to at least make her best effort in cooperating for pictures. : )
Post a Comment