Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Rockin' Eve

We opted to have a low-key family New Year's Eve party this year. We had a great time.

Jadyn was excited for the party food. We had sparkling cider, meatballs, chips, mexican pizza, a veggie tray, and chocolate/white chocolate popcorn.


The girls loved the "special" drink. We always use our crystal glasses....got to use them once a year :)


Getting the dance party going:


Bennett loved watching the dancing:


Bennett even got in on the dancing:


After the little kids went to bed, we did a few puzzles with Jadyn. She shares my love of doing puzzles. She told me I had to stop because I was doing too many of the pieces. Sorry Charlie, no can do....I like to do puzzles!


We then had ice cream sundaes and Jadyn thought it would be fun to use the special glasses again. I admit...it was fun to eat it out of those glasses. We may have to pull them out more than just once a year!


I think Jadyn enjoyed the ice cream:

We even let her have a second batch of ice cream. She was thrilled!

We then counted down to the new year at 9:30 pm. As I was putting her to bed, she told me that she was really tired because she got to stay up so late :) I wonder how many years we can get away with counting down to the new year early!


Happy New Year everyone. We are exciting for the changes that 2011 will bring for our family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The treats look yummy!

Sara said...

You're so good to celebrate with the kids! New Year's is kind of a non-holiday for us. The kids went to bed and Ryan and I fell asleep watching a movie at 10. We're getting old!

Kasey said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I'm a puzzle lover too!