Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Jadyn had her first day of preschool yesterday. She has been so excited to start school. She was especially looking forward to riding the bus (I should tell her that the novelty of the bus will wear off...especially by high school :) Since she was so excited about the bus, I decided to let her ride the bus to school and I will pick her up after.

She gets on the bus about 12:15 and I pick her up from school at 3:45. So, I had 3 1/2 long hours without her yesterday. I know she would normally be napping anyways, but I missed her like crazy and counted down the minutes until I could go pick her up. I must admit I was a basket case after putting her on the bus. It is hard for me to trust that others will care for her as well as I do and meet all of her needs...especially when I don't really know her bus driver, teachers, etc. However, I do realize she is almost 5 and I don't intend on homeschooling, so it is time to let go (just a little).

Good news is that she had an amazing time and did not want me to pick her up after school. She was trying to go ride the bus home with her friends she made. She had a great time and I know this will be a good thing for her. Plus, on the positive side, I did get to cuddle with Maya after she woke up from her nap and have some one on one time with her.

The anxious school goer:


The two left behind:

Maya wants to go to school with Jadyn and have a backpack and is not too thrilled about just staying home and napping!

Bennett is wondering what all the fuss is about and wants to get started on his nap already!:


Jadyn wondering why the bus is taking so long:


As I asked Jadyn to turn and smile at me one last time she said, "Why Mom?" I told her it was because I love her and she kind of gave me the "oh Mom" look. She is growing up too fast :(


Jadyn informed me after she came home that the other moms took pictures of their kids on the steps of the bus. She said she wanted a picture like that too. I was trying to fight back the tears yesterday and remain composed in front of the bus driver so I forgot to take a "bus picture". When I brought out the camera today, she said she changed her mind. Oh well, you get the idea...she rides a big yellow bus!

6 comments:

Kasey said...

I'm glad she is enjoying school so much!

Anonymous said...

Grandma thinks she looks like a big girl. Cute jacket!

Melissa said...

It's so hard to say goodbye, isn't it? She's ready, though. :) It's hard being the younger sibling too. Thank goodness Branson has started his neighborhood preschool, so he is not sad about Adam being in Kindergarten. You'll have to get a play group for Maya or something. PS Did you paint your door black? I don't remember it being black in July. :)

Sara said...

Now that I feel like I know Jadyn a little better, I completely understand why you miss her so much. She is such a great big sister and big helper. And so ready for preschool!

Sissy Jackson said...

How CUTE is SHE! My kids LOVED the bus...I always followed it...I know, Im Pathetic...You are a great mom!

Britany Peterson said...

Way to go Jadyn! And way to go mommy! It was harder than I thought it would be to send a little one off to preschool. But it is so good for them - and Jadyn is such an adorable and smart little girl, she will do great. Cute pictures!