For our first day in the parks, we went to Animal Kingdom. When I went to Disneyworld 15 years ago, this park was not built yet. I was pretty amazed with this park. The shows were spectacular. I think it might have actually been my favorite park.
Each day, we were at the park before it opened and I had planned our route for the rides, shows, etc. It was a great time to go to Disneyworld. With our planning, we never waited more than 15 min for any ride. I can't imagine going at a busier time....kids would have been so tired of waiting in lines, etc.
For our trip, I got the kids a couple of coordinating bright t-shirts. I had read someone's suggestion to dress your kids this way and it really did help. It was so easy to spot the kiddos. Plus, Jadyn and Maya were beyond excited to get these bright shirts as I would normally never let them buy crazy shirts like this!
We had a chance to meet up with Meghan Moore. It was so nice to see her (it has probably been about 10 years). She helped us to get some discounts for our trip. She was able to watch the Festival of the Lion King show with us and even went on a couple rides. She wanted to surprise the kids with their favorite character so she had a plush Mickey mouse for Bennett, Belle doll for Maya, and Tangled doll for Jadyn waiting for them when we returned to our hotel room that night. She is so thoughtful and generous. The kids were in heaven!
 |
| Zebra girls ready for Animal Kingdom |
 |
| Mt. Everest: Jadyn actually went on it the first time with Nathan. It has an 80 ft drop and goes backwards. She said she liked everything except for going backwards. |
 |
| Kids watching Nathan ride a second time |
 |
| Riding the train |
 |
| Festival of Lion King show: it was amazing |
 |
| Nathan took kids on Kilamanjaro Safari (pregnant ladies couldn't ride), they got to be up close and personal with the animals |
 |
| Bennett was fascinated by Lion King Show |
 |
| The talent and props in the show were amazing |
 |
| Meeting Minnie Mouse at Camp Mickey Minnie |
 |
| Meghan Moore took this family shot for us |
 |
| Afternoon parade: Bennett was hard to corral because he wanted to see all the characters closer |
 |
| The characters and costumes were amazing |
.jpg) |
| "Mom, where did these come from?" They were so excited. Thanks again Meghan :) |
.jpg) |
| As we were laying down to bed, Jadyn screams out, "MOM". I said, "Be quiet...it is time for bed". She excitedly ran to me and showed me her first lost tooth. We had planned ahead and brought the first tooth container just in case. Jadyn thought that the Tooth Fairy and Tinkerbell must be related so the Tooth Fairy was probably close by since Tinkerbell was in Disneyworld :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment