We are trying to teach our children to help those less fortunate than us. One of the ways we help is that we ring bells for Salvation Army. We have done it 4 years now and we really enjoy it.
The family was pretty gung-ho at first. But Bennett lasted about 5 minutes and Maya lasted about 15. After about an hour, I took them into look at toys in Walgreens and then ended up driving around with them. Jadyn and Nathan sang their little hearts out though. Jadyn was adorable and many people gave money because of her...some even as they entered and left the store. She has a very charitable heart and would openly say "Merry Christmas" to everyone who entered the store.
 |
| What a cute little bell ringing family |
 |
| Bennett looks a little dazed here |
 |
| Bennett after about 5 minutes: shed the apron and bell and wanted to wander around |
 |
| Where are you headed Bennett? Need to do some shopping in Walgreens?! |
.jpg) |
| Unrelated picture but I didn't want to start another blog post. Jadyn sang in her first grade Christmas concert. She picked out this outfit and thought she looked like Mrs. Claus! |
2 comments:
I guess they dont make Bennett sized aprons? Haha. So fun. What a great tradition. Tell Jadyn she looks so pretty and festive in her Christmas dress. I wish I could have seen her sing.
so adorable. Where did you get the aprons? We missed doing it with you this year!
Post a Comment