So, I am not a birthday party person. I think they are a ton of work for very little reward (at least for the parents). I let Jadyn have a friend party when she was 5. I originally thought I would let the kids have parties at ages 5, 8, 12, and 16. That was going to be it. Until Jadyn came home from school lamenting, "Mom, Megan (her friend from school) said it was my golden birthday this year. So, can I please have a party? It is just such a special year. (Bring on big puppy dog eyes :)". So, I decided to revisit my policy and now the kids can have birthday parties every other year starting at age 5. Yikes...what did I commit to!
We had fun going all out with the "Golden Birthday" party theme. Jadyn had 8 friends come and then with Maya and Bennett in on the action, we had 11 kiddos total to corral :) Here is what we did:
Friends
arrive, decorate goodie purses to take home "treasures in"
7
Questions about Jadyn (winner got a Golden Toblerone candy bar)
Make
golden ornament craft
Treasure
Hunt (Nathan came up with 15 clever little clues for around the house, the treasure was golden bead necklace
Eat
Goodies (We had Golden cupcakes, golden oreos, popcorn, and lemonade)
It was a fun party, but I was glad it was only an hour and a half long and that I don't have to do another party until Maya's 5th birthday in July!
.jpg) |
| Birthday girl headed off to school. Hard to believe she is 7 already |
 |
| Opening her cards |
 |
| Super happy about the "pink" legos Grandma Julie and Papa Nate got her. We gave her a Dreamlite unicorn and she loves sleeping with it. |
 |
| Jadyn chose to have Subway, Doritos, and mixed fruit for her birthday dinner |
.jpg) |
| Loving the pencils/money from Aunt Megan. She was excited they had "grippers" on them as she said the other kids have those on their pencils and she wanted some. She was very lucky and got money to spend from Aunt Megan, Aunt Autumn, both sets of Grandmas/Papas, and Grandpa Steinberg. She is excited to get shopping! |
 |
| Do you spy enough golden things? |
 |
| Getting ready to blow out the candles |
 |
| Golden cupcakes. They were yummy! |
 |
| Hard to get all 7 in one breath |
 |
| Making our ornament craft |
 |
| Present time |
 |
| Jadyn listening patiently as Megan explained her card :) |
7 comments:
Great party! They are a lot of work, but I bet she will remember it. So fun. This coming year I have to do friend parties and questioning my promises too, but those kids don't let you forget. Haha.
Great party! They are a lot of work, but I bet she will remember it. So fun. This coming year I have to do friend parties and questioning my promises too, but those kids don't let you forget. Haha.
Great party! They are a lot of work, but I bet she will remember it. So fun. This coming year I have to do friend parties and questioning my promises too, but those kids don't let you forget. Haha.
Great party! They are a lot of work, but I bet she will remember it. So fun. This coming year I have to do friend parties and questioning my promises too, but those kids don't let you forget. Haha.
Great party! They are a lot of work, but I bet she will remember it. So fun. This coming year I have to do friend parties and questioning my promises too, but those kids don't let you forget. Haha.
Great party! They are a lot of work, but I bet she will remember it. So fun. This coming year I have to do friend parties and questioning my promises too, but those kids don't let you forget. Haha.
For not liking parties you sure do a great job! Super cute everything! It's so hard to believe she is already 7. Once they start kindergarten time starts to fly and never slows down. :(
Post a Comment