I think the reason for my delay in posting is that I don't have any recent pictures. Usually, the pictures prompt me to blog. My memory card was full, and I just had not gotten around to deleting some pictures. However, I just took care of it so you should see many more blog posts in the future.
Since I don't have any recent pictures, I decided to pull out a picture of the girls from this day last year. My how they have changed!
Updates on Jadyn
1. Jadyn is still a very obedient child. I think she truly is guileless. She has trouble understanding when others make bad choices, and she rarely chooses to disobey. It has been an honor to be her mother.
2. Despite my reclusive tendencies, Jadyn is a social butterfly. She loves to be out and about, and if we don't have anything planned for the day she comes up with an idea or wants to have someone over.
3. She loves Maya. These two play really well together. However, recently now that Maya is more strong-willed, Jadyn is having to learn how to play with a difficult toddler!
4. Jadyn loves to learn. She is very curious. I am trying to determine what preschool (if any) to enroll her in next fall. I found the perfect one....only it is $450 a month. The problem I am finding is that most of the preschools are socially based instead of academically based. I feel that if I am going to pay for someone else to enjoy my child, she better be learning and not just playing. Otherwise, I will just keep her home and enjoy her myself!
5. She loves Primary. She learns so much from her teacher and during sharing time and singing time. A couple of weeks ago she came out of her bedroom and told me, "Mom, I just went the extra mile!" When I inquired what she meant, she told me that "Well, you asked me to get dressed, but I got dressed and made my bed." I guess they had a lesson the day before in Primary about going the extra mile. I think she understood the concept!
Updates on Maya
1. Oh little Maya...where do I begin with her updates? I guess I should start with her little personality that has emerged over the last month or so. She throws tantrums, has hit/kicked me, bites (only objects so far...not yet people) when she is frustrated, pushes, and can be quite demanding. Yet, in the next second will hug, kiss, smile, and be as sweet as ever. She is the sweetest and most fiesty little girl all at the same time.
2. Maya is still an excellent sleeper. She prefers to be in bed no later than 7:30 pm and usually sleeps until 8:30 am the next morning. Also, she takes 2-3 hour naps. This girl loves her bed. I am nervous to switch her to "big girl" bed in a few months, however, we will need the crib for her little brother.
3. Maya is still a terrible eater. One day she will like something and then refuse it the next day. I am not sure when the last time was that I got her to eat a vegetable. She will usually eat: bananas, cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, toast, pancakes, pasta with cheese, quesidillas, stroganoff, cottage cheese. She will sometimes eat yogurt and selectively chooses to eat apples, pears, and oranges. Of course Maya will never refuse snacks or treats. One of the few words she says is "treat" and she gets mad when I don't give her one. Hey kid, to get treats in this family, you have to eat your dinner.
4. Her vocabulary is really starting to open up lately. She now says: Mama, Dada, Dada dinner (b/c that is when I always tell her Daddy will be home when she asks for him....so now she connects the two!), Jadyn, sister, blanket, treat, cheese, please (which also sounds like cheese :), drink, and uh-oh. My personal favorite is uh-oh...she is so cute when she says it.
5. She now loves to sleep with a blanket. She gets excited when I get it out because she knows she gets to sleep. However, as soon as I come in to get her when she wakes up, she wants to put her "ganky" in the closet. I might have another kid who likes order...who would have thought?
Updates on Baby Boy
1. Well, we thought we were all set with his name being Caleb Michael. However, Nathan and both feel now that it may not be the right name for him. We are still unsure. Other top contenders are: Bennett, Beckett, and Reid. I hope we figure it out soon...I would like to call him something besides little guy, baby brother, etc.
2. He is a kick boxer and he goes into the ring when I lay down to rest at night. Sometimes I get nauseous from all his kicking. Plus, since he seems to be much lower than the girls were, he likes to kick my bladder. Fun times!
3. This little guy makes me very tired. I like to sleep in until 8:30 when Maya wakes up. Too bad Jadyn is laying next to me from 7 or so on asking me every few minutes if it is time to get up. No honey, 5 more minutes :)
Well, Claire: I hope this fit the ticket. I will try to not to be remiss in my blog postings in the future!
11 comments:
I like the baby names you are thinking of! I know how u feel with trying to decide on one. Good luck on narrowing it down.
I like Bennett! Great job on the updates.
Yay, I love update posts. Luckily you got blessed with late sleepers (yes, 7:00 is sleeping in). Ours are always up in the 6:00 hour and sometimes even earlier in the summer.
Grandma likes the updates also:) I still vote for Caleb Michael though.
Yay! Thanks so much for posting. It's always fun hearing about the kids and reading about other people (especially cute little girls). I like Bennett. That's so weird that you like Beckett because David LOVES that name and has been trying to convince me to use it if we have a boy. He just came in one day and said, "I love Beckett. What do you think?" I had never heard of it before but fell in love with it too. No pressure on names either way. If you guys use it, we'll use something else (we have about a million more). Besides, I'M HAVING A GIRL! (I already placed my order ahead of time...guess we'll see). I do love Bennett too. Caleb is too classic (my opinion obviously). I like unique names myself.
Maybe for a future post we could see an undated pic of the baby in your growing belly. :)
Thanks again for posting!
I love that Maya talks. I also like the name Bennett. Good luck with the names. I am not looking forward to that when we have the next one.
please add sarah to myas cute words i would like her to know it before my nephew is born so he will here it a lot and it will natrually be his first word.
thanks.
*maya
Hummm, names. All interesting, but being more of the type that likes classic names, my mind wanders to Reid, but the other two are just fine too. Good luck! I really think the right name comes to you though, especially at the end. Naming Branson and Cory ended up being spiritual experiences for us and we have found they have their names (first and middle) for a reason. Adam was Adam before he was even conceived, so not the same, but he has the right name too. You and Nathan will pick the right name and we'll all like it by the time he's born and we see him this summer! :)
I like all the names you chose. You have such sweet little girls.
Maybe we can have a little vegetable party for Maya--otherwise known as lunch. My girls are great vegetable eaters. If it won't drive you crazy, you should come over in the spring for asparagus; I got my girls to eat it by letting them eat them whole with their fingers. Also, have you tried giving her some dip?
Post a Comment