Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crazy Girls, Peaches, and Canoeing

I always love my crazy titles. I am too lazy to do multiple posts so I like to throw it all in the same post!

Jadyn and Maya are really starting to play well together. They can make each other laugh so hard and they get pretty wild. In this picture, they were laughing hysterically and rolling around on the ground together.


We went peach picking last Friday.

{ Insert fabulous photo of us picking peaches here }

Unfortunately, both my friend and I both forgot our cameras at home. I really enjoyed picking peaches. You simply twist them right off the tree. They are delicious.

On Saturday, we had the opportunity to canoe down Portage Creek with some friends. It was really fun and we were able to pull Nathan away from his studies for a couple of hours.

Maya hated canoeing. I didn't expect her to be a problem since she is usually easy going. I had her strapped in the baby carrier on me. She was so wiggly and fussy that I could not really help much with the paddling. So, we ended up in the bushes much of the time and it was not all Nathan's fault!

Here is Maya after canoeing. Happy as a clam again.



Jadyn and Daddy eating a picnic dinner. Jadyn loves to have picnics and I don't do them often enough. She especially liked that I let her pick out special picnic foods (Doritios and Teddy Grahams) at the grocery store.

6 comments:

Janie said...

Isn't it THE BEST when they play so well together?? Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have come peach picking! Are you freezing any? Where is the picnic? The grass looks so lush! Certainly not my back yard.

Lindsey said...

Mom,

I was thinking about you as we were picking peaches knowing that you would have enjoyed it too. I am freezing some so we can use them in cobblers, smoothies, etc.

The picnic was just at a park here. All of our grass is that lush because we have gotten so much rain in the last few weeks.

Katie staten said...

It was fun seeing you there.

Sara said...

I love how your girls are always matching. Glad Nathan got to take some time off too! How is school going for him? (and you?)

Dave to Claire said...

The girls are getting so dang big! When can you guys come visit so that I can see them. I hope that everything is going great. We sure miss you!