Sunday, August 30, 2009

Here is the princess sacked out. She loves to sleep right up next to her bumpers.


Jadyn is in that "exciting" transition phase of stopping napping. Some days she will take a nap and sometimes she will just have quiet time where she looks at her books. However, Jadyn still does not really understand the concept of quiet time and comes out of her room several times to ask me if she can be done with quiet time.

Yesterday I was really tired because I had been cleaning non-stop since we woke up. So, I told her that since Mommy needed to rest her eyes, she needed to stay in her room. I was worried when she only chose one book to look at saying that she would just read it over and over. I told her that she could not come out at all, but if she got tired she could just put the book down and lay down. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up 45 minutes later that she had stayed in her room. This is how I found her:

I couldn't pass up taking a picture of her. Everything about this little girl is methodical...down to even placing the book nicely propped up on the pillow before she naps!

She was surprised when I told her that I took a picture of her without her knowing or waking up. As I was relating the story to Nathan he was saying how he wished he could have seen it. Jadyn said, "You can see it Daddy....when you look at the picture!"

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That picture is very sweet! But It's always sad when they give up naps.

Sara said...

Ah yes, the nap transition. It is so hard! Luckily Riley has napped almost every day this summer but I know when fall comes it will stop, and he is horrible about staying in his room for quiet time!

Jadyn really is methodical. She reminds me so much of you!