Monday, August 3, 2009

Party for the Princess

We had fun at Maya's Birthday Party. Here are the decorations (they are repeats from Jadyn's first birthday and will probably make another appearance if we have another girl!):




Here is Maya's cake. Not my best attempt, but hey, it is the thought that counts, right?


The birthday girl (who woke up early from her nap and was yawning before the festivities even began!):


The princess hated the party hat:


After we gave her the cake, Maya thought, "What am I supposed to do now?":


Despite her happy face here, Maya did not enjoy the birthday cake. She would not even try it and was crying. I tried to put a little frosting in her mouth, but she cried even harder. We ended up giving up and just letting her out of her seat.


For dinner, we had pizza, lettuce salad, pineapple, and strawberries. Maya gobbled up the pizza, but would not eat the tomatoes, pineapple, or strawberries we gave her.

Happy Birthday little Princess. It is hard to believe you are 1 already. We love you so much.

I hope to have a slideshow and a more detailed journal posting of Maya's favorite things/ cute things up later this week.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Maya! Great job on the cake, Lindsey. I think it looks very cute. Did Jadyn eat birthday cake? All my kids did except Sophie, who hated it and just cried like Maya. Hard to believe she's already one!

Lindsey said...

Sara,

Jadyn was a little hesitant at first with her cake, but then she dug right in. However, after a few bites, I think the sugar got to her and she cried like crazy!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Maya! Cute shirts, cake, and decorations, and especially birthday girl! A whole year gone by. So crazy.

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday Maya!!

Dave to Claire said...

Happy Birthday cute Little girl! I cant believe she doesnt like cake. What is wrong with her? Most likely too many vegetables from you! :) jk I hope it was a fun day. We miss you guys so much.