I started having fairly consistent contractions during
sacrament meeting and I timed them and they were about 10-11 minutes
apart. I kept thinking, this might be
labor….however, I still had meetings to attend!
During the next 2 hours of Primary, my contractions were getting quite
painful and closer together…but I was too busy to time them. I decided to still have my stake meeting,
and then I would go home and time the contractions.
I got home about 1:30 pm and was starving so I ate
lunch. Then, I decided to get in the
bath to work through the contractions and time how close together they
were. My contractions were coming 2-3
minutes apart so I told Nathan it was time to head to the hospital. Luckily, Aunt Megan had flown in a week
before so she was already on duty for the other three kids.
When we checked into the hospital at about 3:15 pm, I was
dilated to a 5 and the contractions were becoming quite painful. During the labor, I threw up two different
times. I was regretting eating so much
for lunch! When Dr. Proctor came into
check me at about 4:30, I was dilated to a 7 so she broke my water. The contractions started coming back to back
and were so painful. A little after 5
pm, I was dilated to a 9 and in such pain.
My plan was to do this labor all natural without any pain
medication. It was so intense, but I did
it!
I started pushing a little before 5:20 pm and only pushed
for 3 contractions. At 5:23 pm, Asher
Jacob Parker was born. He weighed in at
8 lbs 4.6 oz, was 21 inches long, and his head circumference was 13 ¾
inches. He had a full head of dark hair
and a dark complexion. He was just
perfect J
It took us awhile to commit to Asher’s name. We finally decided that Asher fit him. He is the perfect ending to our family. We are grateful he is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment