Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bennett's 3 year old stats

At Bennett's 3 year old well child visit, his stats were:

Height: 37 1/8" (35%)
Weight: 33 lb 9.6 oz (70%)

This indicates that Bennett is only 35% for height, however, he would not stand up completely straight for the nurse so it might be off slightly.

I also happy to report that Bennett was completely potty-trained (day and night) by his birthday.  I think we might still occasionally experience accidents as he is prone to keep playing and wait until the last minute to go (we sometimes see the potty dance :)   He was actually very easy to train.  I was worried since I heard boys were more difficult.  He loves being a big boy and picking out his "unnerwear" everyday.

At 3, here are some noteworthy things about Bennett:

1.  He is definitely "all-boy".  His sisters are often surprised when he tries to be rough as they don't understand it.
2.  He loves to be outside: park, beach, taking walks....anything outside.
3.  He is independent.  He will often try to do things all by himself.  He is usually quite adept at dressing/undressing himself.
4.  He is currently a mama's boy.  I hope that never stops :)
5.  He rarely naps anymore...only if we are driving in the car around naptime.  We can usually get him to nap on Sundays....Family Sunday naptime is mandatory around here!
6.  He has a kind heart.
7.  He does not want to be told he is cute.  He will scream, "I NOT CUTE, I BIG BOY".
8.  His speech has come along way and he is very verbal.
9.  He still loves baths and always tries to swim at the end and says he is a "fishy in the water"
10.  He thinks brushing teeth, sleeping, etc are optional...he will say "I brushed teeth already" like the breakfast brushing was good for the whole day!  Funny boy :)

We can't imagine our life without you Bubs.  You are an amazing little *ahem* big boy and we are blessed to have you in our family.

No comments: