Thursday, June 4, 2009

Mackinac Island Trip (continued)

Here are some more pictures of our fun trip to Mackinac. Thanks to Derek for taking all of these pictures for us.

Arch rock:


Jadyn enjoying a special treat:


Relaxing at the Grand Hotel:


The Grand Hotel (not all it is cracked up to be):


Maya was a perfect angel the whole trip. It helped that she had shoes to chew on:


Jadyn coloring at the restaurant. Where did she get those eyelashes from?


Jadyn was bummed that she did not get to ride the horses that pulled the carriage or the other horses that people were riding on the island. She had to settle for the horse outside our B&B.


The B&B we stayed at. It was really nice: it had a spa pool, bedtime cookies, charming decor, a great breakfast, and they sent us home with muffins. Not bad for $50.


Jadyn looks cute even in this dorky sign:


Jadyn was running too fast towards this turtle because she was excited and she biffed it. I told her we had to make funny faces to try to calm her down.


The boat trip back. Notice how the fudge is already being consumed on the boat ride. It didn't make it back home!

6 comments:

Candace said...

I love the picture of Jadyn with her special treat. Catching that expression was amazing. Nice score on the B&B too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Did Jadyn eat that whole milkshake??? Nice pictures Derek!

Kasey said...

Great pics. Looks like you had fun.

The Romney Family said...

Sounds like such a fun trip! And bedtime cookies? What a fabulous idea! I'm thinking maybe I'd like to institute that tradition in OUR home. (There's not like some unwritten rule that only B&Bs can do that, is there??? haha) And wow, that treat of Jadyn's... Your post is making me HUNGRY! Doesn't help that it's Fast Sunday... (Not that I can complain--I'm still nursing so I haven't fasted in like a year now! But still, I try to at least eat LIGHTER and avoid treats and fun foods on FS, so...yah. Could really go for a nice thick milkshake right about now!)

CK Black Family said...

Lindsey, you haven't aged a day!!! You're beautiful. Gotta love a good trip! -kristin

Dave to Claire said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. That B&B is so dang cute! I'm glad Jadyn got a "little" special treat too. :)