Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sappy Mother's Day Post

If your not in the mood for a sappy "I love my kids" post, stop reading! (I keep this blog for a journal so this is good documentation for the girls even if no one else wants to read it!)

I am just so grateful for my girls. I am really lucky to be their mother. They are wonderful children and have such gentle spirits. Being a mother has been the most joyful and rewarding experience of my life.

Here are a few reasons why I love them:

Jadyn
1. Loves easily
2. Is unselfish
3. Is already a peacemaker
4. Finds joy in the little things
5. Loves being around us
6. Very obedient child
7. Loves Primary
8. Loves Maya and is good to her
9. Gives compliments and appreciates others
10. Thoughtful

Memorable Moments lately:
1. Yesterday I offered that she could watch a movie while I cleaned. This is a rare occasion that I offer this to her so you would think she would jump at the opportunity. She said, "No, I want to help you clean. I can always watch a movie another day. I want to help you". She really just enjoys being around us.

2. While I was cooking yesterday, I asked her what she was going to do for me for Mother's Day. Here is our conversation:

Jadyn: "We are going to get you flowers".
Lindsey: "Oh really?"
Jadyn: "Yes, it is a secret"
Lindsey: "Well, you just told me so it is not a secret anymore"
Jadyn: "Well, you shouldn't have asked me that!"

3. Jadyn always gets to pick out two animals to sleep with at night. Tonight as I was putting her to bed, I was laying down with her to read her stories. After I finished, she snuggled up to me and asked me if I could be one of her animals. After I laughed and said no she said, "But you are so snuggly".

Maya
1. Calm, sweet-natured baby
2. Smiles easily
3. Loves Jadyn
4. Curious
5. Gives wet kisses
6. Adds a peaceful feeling to our home
7. Already gives devious smiles when she is trying to grab something she shouldn't have
8. Loves to eat...it is so cute to see how excited (and impatient!) she gets at mealtimes
9. Her eyes (and whole face) light up when she smiles
10. She is very vocal and loves to "talk" to us

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about everyone else, but I love these posts. I miss the girls and love to hear about how they are doing. I am giving a talk on mothers tomorrow at church. I am grateful to have you and Krista as wonderful older sisters and examples. You are a great mom! Love you!

Kasey said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY FRIEND!! YOU ARE A GREAT MOM.

Sara said...

I love reading these posts too since we hardly get to see you and I don't feel like I know the girls that well. They are so sweet and I love the matching dresses.

The Kelly Variety said...

I've decided sappy is okay for a journal. Sappy brings the teary feelings to your eyes when you need to remember you love them. Those moments of remembering are needed.